Monday, August 12, 2013

August at the Community Garden Plot

Here's an update to show how my garden is doing so far this year.

We had so much rain at the beginning of the season and now the temperature is much lower than it should be this time of year. Last year I harvested over 300lbs of tomatoes and this year it will be under 100 I think.

Everything has been slow to grow. The only thing that seems to be doing well are greens and winter squash.
I just planted some fall crops in 2 waves, hopefully I will have some nice cole crops in a couple of months!













My poor tomatoes have disease already.Slowly the fruit is ripening, so it's not a total loss.


The watermelons are happy, but growing slowly.

As you may see in a couple of the pictures I'm slowly starting to build raised beds. 
One of my garden neighbors gave me some raspberry canes, so I'm planning to build a bed for them as well and transplant them this fall.


2 comments:

  1. that's what my tomato plants look like as well - all brown and semi-dead. Though not as many fruit on them. Love your peppers and squash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad to see them sick this early.
      I counted 10 butternut squash and they keep getting bigger. I know what I'll be eating a lot of this winter! I'll have to find some new recipes :)

      Delete