JR made some delicious bruschetta and I canned the rest whole. From the tomatillos I made a batch of salsa verde. The salsa verde came out a little too tart, the canning recipe called for a whole cup of vinegar or lime juice. So I'm going to use it as a chicken or fish marinade. In the future I will use less acid and eat it fresh or freeze the tomatillos. I also dried some of the Principle Borghese tomatoes.
Last night we finally got some rain. Hopefully it made the ground at the plots softer so I can finally pull up the remaining weeds and create the 4th bed.
Daphnes Dandelions hosts Harvest Mondays, click on the link to see what other Gardener's harvested this week!