Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Well Hello Mr. Stripey, Welcome to My Garden

I have no willpower.

I planted 17 Romas, 1 Black Krim and 4 Principle Borghese tomato plants in my community garden plot last week. These were all plants that I had grown from seed. I still have 2 bush tomatoes that will go in containers or the home garden. I had no reason to buy another plant, but this variety had been calling out to me ever since I saw the heirloom plants arrive in the store.


You see, one of my Black Krim plants stem broke during transport to the community garden...so....well...it gave me an excuse to buy it! Also, because it's an heirloom I'll be able to save the seeds for future years. So you see, it's also an investment. 



2 comments:

  1. Nice! Can't wait to compare notes on taste as I also planted one this year :)

    ReplyDelete