Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 15th Around the Veggie Patch

The vegetables have been growing like mad this week. I expect to harvest radishes, lettuce and pak choy next weekend!


The broccoli and cauliflower are getting really tall 



This is my first year growing kohlrabi. The bulbs are starting to form: 


The kale is growing slowly, I think in the fall they will get a more sunny spot.


The lettuce is almost ready to harvest. I'm disappointed with this spinach variety, some of it is getting ready to bolt. I plan to harvest some tomorrow just in case.


The chard in the salads bed is in part shade, it's growing slower than the chard in full sun. These are the squares where the gherkins will be planted so hopefully they will be ready by then.



Today I took off the row covers and added rabbit fencing to all of the beds. I also planted the catnip to a container on the deck. 


Tomorrow is supposed to be 87F. I'm going to give everything a good amount of water in the morning. Hopefully the lettuce will not bolt with the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment